Cyber Law Provides legal recognition to electronic documents and a framework to support e-filing and e-commerce transactions and also provides a legal framework to mitigate, check cyber crimes.
Cyber Law is the law governing cyber space. Cyber space is a very wide term and includes computers, networks, software, data storage devices (such as hard disks, USB disks etc), the Internet, websites, emails and even electronic devices such as cell phones, ATM machines etc.
Law encompasses the rules of conduct:
1. That have been approved by the government, and
2. Which are in force over a certain territory, and
3. Which must be obeyed by all persons on that territory. Violation of these rules could lead to government action such as imprisonment or fine or an order to pay compensation.
Cyber law encompasses laws relating to:
1. Cyber Crimes
2. Electronic and Digital Signatures
3. Intellectual Property
4. Data Protection and Privacy
Cyber crimes are unlawful acts where the computer is used either as a tool or a target or both. The enormous growth in electronic commerce (e-commerce) and online share trading has led to a phenomenal spurt in incidents of cyber crime.
These crimes are discussed in detail further in this chapter.
A comprehensive discussion on the Indian law relating to cyber crimes and digital evidence is provided in the ASCL publication titled “Cyber Crimes & Digital Evidence – Indian Perspective”.
Electronic signatures are used to authenticate electronic records. Digital signatures are one type of electronic signature.
Digital signatures satisfy three major legal requirements – signer authentication, message authentication and message integrity.
The technology and efficiency of digital signatures makes them trustworthy than hand written signatures. These issues are discussed in detail in the ASCL publication titled “Ecommerce –Legal Issues”.
Intellectual property is refers to creations of the human mind e.g. a story, a song, a painting, a design etc. The facets of intellectual property that relate to cyber space are covered by cyber law.
At worlds one of the best law company Solicitor ex Judis we give your comprehensive and turnkey support of all your need related to cyber law
We at Solicitor ex Judis also extend our services includes but not limited not:
• Copyright law in relation to computer software, computer source code, websites, cell phone content etc,
• Software and source code licenses
• trademark law with relation to domain names, meta tags, mirroring, framing, linking etc
• Semiconductor law which relates to the protection of semiconductor integrated circuits design and layouts